The attorneys at Jacobowitz and Gubits, LLP, are committed to providing clients with knowledgeable advice and informed guidance. Read the articles below to learn more about changes in the law, interesting legal issues and potential solutions.
For additional articles, please visit our blog page where we frequently post relevant articles.
- Consumers Cite Insurmountable Medical Bills as Top Reason for Seeking Bankruptcy Protection
- Relief for Military Personnel; Bankruptcy Protection Under the Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act
- Poor Economic Climate Likely Means Uphill Battle for Debt Collectors
Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- Free Estate Planning Seminar – March 24, 2020
- Including Your Pets in Your Estate Plan
- What to Know About Medicaid’s Five-Year Look-Back
- Who’s Your Beneficiary?
- Estate, Gift Tax Modifications Could Mean Big Savings for Taxpayers Who Act Fast
- Study Finds Aging Baby Boomer Generation Without Living Wills
- For end-of-life planning, actions don’t always match attitudes
- Estate planning is important for New York same sex couples
- Things to know before filing for divorce in NYS
- Alternatives to Divorce
- Debt and Divorce
- Guide to Getting Out
- Three Things Every Senior Should Know About Divorce
- Study Shows Poverty, Homelessness a Potential After Divorce
- Texting, Facebook Posts Play Colossal Role in Today’s Divorce Cases
General Legal Information
- Employer or Contractor
- Human Rights Law Changes
- Using Social Media or Search Engines to Obtain Juror Backgrounds
- Service of Legal Papers Via Facebook? Yes!
- Tackling the Debt Ceiling; What it Means for Consumers and Businesses
- Troublesome Insurance Issues
- Great progress, and new legal challenges for LGBT couples in 2013
Health Care Law
- Slip and Fall – Now What?
- New York Court Rejects Sunset Glare as Defense to Negligent Driving
- Injured Woman Sues Bobby Flay’s Restaurant After Catastrophic Fall
- Tool Manufacturers Worry New Safety Devices Could Increase Lawsuit Risk
- New York Court Says Comprehensive Medical Exams Not Necessary Immediately After Auto Accident to Prove Serious Injury
- Study Finds Many Teen Drivers Receive No Driver’s Education
- Premises Liability Designed to Protect Citizens from Sidewalk Hazards
- Additional Bus Inspections Aim to Reduce New York Accidents
- Causes and Symptoms of Common Electrical Injuries
- Pushback Against Motorcycle-Only Checkpoints
- Making Cars Safer for First Responders
- Hybrid vehicles pose unique risk of injury in a crash
- More hands-free technology likely in future cars amid rise in accidents
- Sender of Text Message to Driver of Automobile May Face Liability for Accident Along With Driver
- Housing, Stability and Protection Act – Landlord/Tenant
- Foreclosure Initiative to Launch in August, FHA to Extend Foreclosure Grace Period
- Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act (RLUIPA) – Are Municipal Boards Listening Yet?
- Turbulent Time for Affordable Housing
- Proof in suit for an account stated was sufficient under New York law