Experienced New York Full-Service Law Firm
At Jacobowitz and Gubits, LLP, our attorneys provide representation for clients across New York. Our litigators have extensive experience, and can provide diligent and aggressive legal service.
Committed to Our Clients’ Needs
Our attorneys have extensive experience across a wide range of legal practice areas. Whether you are an individual or acting on behalf of a business, we can provide you with tailored advice and dedicated advocacy throughout your case.
Handling a Range of Issues That Impact You and Your Family
At our firm, we represent individuals, families and businesses that need advice or representation from a lawyer. We understand that legal issues can arise at any time and in any area of your life. As a result, we have developed the experience and skill necessary to handle even the most complex issues involving:
- Arts and entertainment — We represent performers, artists, writers, publishers, producers, musicians, and other professionals in the arts and entertainment industry.
- Bankruptcy — Our attorneys help individuals and families get the debt relief they need. If you have debt issues, we can explain the Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy process, and help you determine which type of bankruptcy is right for you.
- Civil rights — If your rights have been violated by a police officer or other member of law enforcement, we can help you.
- Employment law — Our lawyers help business with employment matters and provide sexual harassment prevention training and investigative services.
- Estate planning — From elder law issues to estate planning and probate, our attorneys can provide you with tailored advice and representation.
- Family law — If you are facing a divorce, separation or custody dispute, we can guide you through the process.
- First responders — We represent police officers, firefighters and other first responders who have legal issues related to their work.
- Intellectual property — We help clients protect their intellectual property and represent those facing litigation.
- Municipal issues — Our attorneys have experience representing municipalities throughout the Hudson Valley.
- Personal injury — Whether you were injured in a car accident, a slip and fall, or another type of accident, we will work diligently to secure the compensation you need.
- Real estate — Our lawyers handle issues arising from residential and commercial property transactions. We represent landlords in landlord tenant proceedings and also work with foreclosure issue. We help our clients resolve disputes involving real property and providing advice regarding potential tax issues.
Resolving Business Issues
We are skilled at handling a range of business issues, including:
- Business disputes inside and outside of the courtroom
- Strategic business planning and commercial law issues
- Commercial real estate issues, including commercial leases, development, natural gas issues and landlord representation
- Creditors’ rights issues in bankruptcy and other proceedings
- Issues with horse ownership and equine law
- Issues arising from the new trend in going green, including land use issues
- Health care law issues facing medical professionals
- Nonprofit formation and issues