New York General Counsel for Municipalities
For municipalities in the Hudson Valley and throughout New York State, the business of governance frequently presents challenges that are difficult, novel or unique. It can be beneficial to know that there is a resource available that can provide your municipality with the experienced counsel that it will need to be able to successfully navigate whatever challenges arise. After all, the municipal officials are in office to do the people’s business and that responsibility requires the best talents available.
At Jacobowitz and Gubits, LLP, our New York municipal law lawyers have been providing legal services to municipalities of the Hudson Valley for over fifty years. Our depth of knowledge and extensive experience allows us to act as a final destination when seasoned guidance and effective solutions are a necessity for your municipality’s ability to perform its essential functions within the community. Municipal representation is an honor and an opportunity for us to help make our representative democracy work the way it was intended.
No matter what manner of challenge presents itself, our firm will be able to help your municipality work to achieve its goals.
Counsel for Municipalities on Critical Issues
Our firm offers counsel on such critical issues for successful local governance as:
- Personnel issues – including collective bargains and disciplinary proceedings
- Preparation and adoption of local laws
- Defense of Tax Certiorari proceedings
- Municipal financing – Redbook Listed Bond counsel
- Planning and zoning, including representation of Planning Boards, Zoning Boards of Appeal, and comprehensive Planning
- Environmental issues including superfund, permitting, compliance
- Creation of special taxing and improvement districts
- Capital projects and purchases
- Any and all New York state or Federal courts/ litigation matters
To learn more about how we can help ensure the successful administration of your municipality as general or special counsel, call us at 845-764-9656 or toll free at 866-303-9595 or simply contact us online. We would be more than happy to schedule a consultation for you with our municipal law team.