LEGAL SERVICES FOR MANUFACTURING COMPANIES
Starting and running a manufacturing business in the Hudson Valley is a complex endeavor involving compliance with federal, state, county, and local laws and regulations on product safety, intellectual property, employment, real estate, finance, contracts, tax, and more. The attorneys at Jacobowitz and Gubits are here to help. With over 50 years’ experience, we have the knowledge your manufacturing business needs and are ready to face any challenge with innovative solutions.
Below are some of the areas that we are regularly called upon for assistance:
• Entity Selection and Formation: Our firm assists start-ups with business formation issues, including the selection of the business entity. We stress the need for thorough shareholder, partnership, or operating agreements so that future disputes might be avoided.
• Contracts: Properly drafted contracts and business forms can help prevent disputes and put you in the best possible position should disputes arise.
• Land Use and Environmental Compliance : Our land use team can assist you in navigating the land use, zoning and environmental compliance process.
• Commercial Real Estate: Our real estate practice includes complex real estate transactions, leasing, development, tax planning and compliance, securing Industrial Development Agency approval and other incentives available for your particular development and landlord/tenant matters.
• Intellectual Property: We can register your copyrights and trademarks, defend your IP assets, and help you protect yourself from claims of infringement.
• Mergers, Acquisitions and Investors: We have assisted with the purchase and sale of businesses of all kinds, mergers, acquisitions, private placements, and the exit of shareholders, partners, and investors.
• Business Litigation: With extensive and wide-ranging litigation experience, our team of attorneys can handle partner and shareholder disputes, real estate litigation, tax litigation, and debt collection.
• Creditors’ Rights: We provide advocacy and cost-effective solutions to the problems faced by lenders, business owners, and other business creditors in New York.
• Succession Planning: We have helped many family and closely held businesses with succession planning to pass the business on to the next generation.
• Tax Certoriari : We can assist you with challenging your real property taxes including applying for tax exemption, Board of Assessment Review (BAR) complaints, Small Claims Assessment Review (SCAR) petitions, Real Property Tax Law Article 7 lawsuits, and Civil Practice Law and Rules Article 78 proceedings.
For More Information, Speak to Our New York Attorneys who handle the needs of Manufacurers
Contact us at our primary office in Walden or our office in Monticello, by e-mail or by calling us at 845-764-9656.
We accept Visa and MasterCard, and we also offer Spanish-speaking services.