Visa and Green Cards: Our Immigration Services

Green cards and visas grant individuals the right to temporarily or permanently reside in the United States. At Jacobowitz and Gubits, LLP, our experienced attorneys have an in-depth understanding of the immigration process and will be by your side throughout your entire case.

Please schedule an initial consultation with our immigration attorneys today by calling 845-764-9656 (toll free at 866-303-9595). You may also contact our office online and a member of our team will reach out shortly to discuss your needs.
Se habla español.

Student and Work-Related Visas

Students come from all over the world to study at America’s top universities and colleges, while American employers solicit employees from all over the world.

Students wishing to enter the U.S. must apply for an F category or M category visa:

  • F category visas are used for students wishing to study at an American college, university, high school, private elementary school or a language training program.
  • M category visas are reserved for those who will study at a vocational or other nonacademic institution.
  • If a student’s stay will be short, a visitor visa may be used (B visa).

Many visa categories exist for those entering the U.S. for temporary work. Temporary employment-based visas include:

  • O visas: For individuals who possess an extraordinary skill or ability (temporary)
  • P visas: For athletes, artists and entertainers (temporary)
  • L visas: For employees of multinational corporations (temporary)
  • H visas: For agricultural workers (temporary)
  • Those seeking permanent residency in the U.S. for work-related reasons may apply for an EB-1 through an EB-5 visa depending upon his or her unique skill set and circumstances. We will work with your employer to prepare the necessary documents and guide you through every step in the process.

Family-Based Immigration

The U.S. government grants a certain number of family-sponsored visas each year so individuals can bring their loved ones into the U.S. legally. Those visas include:

  • F1 visa: For unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, including their minor children
  • F2 visa: For a spouse, a spouse’s child or the unmarried children of a permanent resident
  • F3 visa: For married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
  • F4 visa: For brothers and sisters of adult citizens

Contact a New York Immigration Lawyer

We invite you to learn more about our immigration services during an initial consultation. Please schedule yours today by calling 845-764-9656 (toll free at 866-303-9595). You may also contact our offices online by filling out a short form.