Rebecca earned her Bachelor of Science from St. Lawrence University in 2002, where she majored in Psychology & Spanish.
Rebecca earned her Juris Doctorate from Albany Law School in 2007.
Prior to joining the firm of Jacobowitz and Gubits, Rebecca was the Principal Law Clerk to the late Hon. Steven I. Milligram, in Orange County Supreme Court, where she analyzed intricate and complex legal issues, and acting as an advisor and the Court. Rebecca also worked in the office of the Governor for over four years handling matters involving Freedom of Information Law, Open Meetings Law, and Personal Privacy Protection Law, as well as other matters involving the public’s right to access information.
Rebecca is admitted to practice law in New York and Connecticut.
Outside of work, Rebecca enjoys running and cooking. Rebecca lives in Wallkill with her husband and their young son.
- New York, 2008
- Connecticut, 2007
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- Albany Law School, Albany, New York
- J.D – 2007– Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Albany, School of Social Welfare, Albany, New York
- Master of Social Work, 2006
- St. Lawrence University, Canton, New York
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology (Honors) & Spanish, Honors: magna cum laude
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange & Sullivan Counties, Member and past-President
- Wallkill Volunteer Ambulance Corp., Social Member and Recording Secretary to the Board of Trustees
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Orange County Rising Star (Junior League of Orange County, NY), 2021
- Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Star, Appellate Practice, 2013-2015
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, Outstanding New Lawyer Award, 2012