Michele L. Babcock is the Managing Partner of the firm. Michele joined Jacobowitz and Gubits, LLP in 2003, and became a Partner in 2011. Michele has represented local governments, municipal officials and private applicants in zoning, land use and environmental permitting and in litigation.
Ms. Babcock was admitted to the New York State Bar in March 2004, and is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Women’s Bar of Orange and Sullivan Counties. Ms. Babcock received a Bachelors of Arts in Political Science and a concentration in Law and Justice from the State University of New York at Cortland in 2000. She earned a Juris Doctor degree and graduated from Hofstra University School of Law in 2003. While attending law school, she studied at the Faculte de Droit de I’Universite de Nice with the Hon. Ruth Bader Ginsburg, United States Supreme Court Justice.
Ms. Babcock is on the board of the Hudson Highlands Nature Museum. She is a graduate of the Class of 2018 for Leadership Sullivan.
- New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court Norther District of New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D. – 2003
- State University at Cortland, Cortland, New York
- B.A. – 2000
- Major: Political Science Concentration in Law and Justice
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New York State Bar Association, Municipal Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Leadership Orange Hall of Fame, 2018
- Sullivan County Professional Women in Business, 2017
- “2009 Outstanding Young Lawyer Award” by Women’s Bar Association of Orange & Sullivan County
- Orange County Rising Star Award Recipient, 2009
- Leadership Sullivan Graduate, 2018
- Pattern for Progress Fellows Program Gradulate, 2011
- Leadership Orange Class of 2011 Graduate