Mr. Gubits is of counsel and his primary practice has been devoted to real estate, banking, municipal and corporate law. He has a wealth of experience in the representation of local governments and municipal officials in Orange, Ulster, Sullivan, and Putnam counties since 1973 in municipal, bond counsel, land use and environmental matters. He is one of few attorneys that can handle municipal financing.
Mr. Gubits has served as Deputy Village Attorney for the Villages of Montgomery, Washingtonville, Highland Falls, and Maybrook. He was a member of the Stewart Airport Land Authority Advisory Council from 1972 to 1981. He has been a designated attorney for FMHA and USDA.
Mr. Gubits is a member of the Orange County Bar Association and is a past chairman of the Continuing Legal Education Committee. He is also a past member of the New York State Bar Association’s Section on Real Estate and Land Use Control Committees, and a previous member of the Committee on Real Estate Financing and the Committee on Attorney Opinion Letters. He is also a past member of the American Bar Association’s Federal Grants Committee, Section of Urban, State and Local Governmental Law. He was on Legal Opinions in Real Estate Transactions Committee of the American Bar Association. Mr. Gubits is a past-president of the UJA/Federation of Rockland County.
David is a graduate of Brown University where he was editor in chief of the Brown Daily Herald and received his Juris Doctor degree in 1966 from the New York University School of Law, where he was a Root Tilden Scholar. He was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1967 and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the United States Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
While not in the office, David can be found bird-watching, wilderness canoeing, and listening to string quartets and jazz.
- New York, 1967
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1967
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1969
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- Honors: Root-Tilden Scholar
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- Honors: Editor-in-Chief, Brown Daily Herald
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association (Committee on Legal Opinions in Real Estate Transactions)
- New York State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Woodstock Jewish Congregation, Board of Directors
- Mohonk Preserve, Inc., Member – Land Protection Committee
- Maverick Concerts, Inc., Vice-Chair