William E. ‘Bill’ Podszus is an associate attorney practicing general litigation.
Bill Podszus earned his Bachelor of Science from Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York in 2006, and a Master’s degree in Public Administration in 2009; also from Marist College.
He earned his Juris Doctorate from the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University in 2018 and was admitted to the New York State Bar in 2019.
Bill has served as a Law Clerk in the Superior Court of the State of New Jersey, Family Division; and as Assistant Law Clerk to the late Hon. Steven I. Milligram in the New York State Supreme Court. He most recently worked at a local firm concentrating in Real Estate, Tax Certiorari, and Municipal matters.
He is a member of the American, New York State, New York City, Orange County, and Women’s Bar Associations; as well as the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers. Bill retired as a Sergeant from the City of Mount Vernon, NY, Police Department, and continues to serve the public as a Volunteer Firefighter, EMT, and Hazardous Materials Technician.
Outside of work, Bill enjoys studying 18th and 19th century american history, numerous outdoor activities, and all manner of do-it-yourself projects.
- New York State Bar, 2019
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University – White Plains, New York
- J.D. – 2018
- Honors: Cum Laude
- 1L Moot Court Competition
- Second place: Julian Hyman Committee of the Westchester Community Foundation Scholarship
- Dean’s List, Spring 2018
- Marist College – Poughkeepsie, New York
- Master of Public Administration – 2009
- B.S. – 2006
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Integrative Studies
- Dean’s List
- Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New York City Bar Association, 2021
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, 2020
- Orange County Bar Association, 2020
- New York State Bar Association, 2019
- American Bar Association, 2019
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Firefighters Association of the State of New York, 2002