Rebecca Johnson is an associate attorney practicing matrimonial and family law including child custody, child support, family offense, guardianship proceedings, and appellate practice.
Rebecca earned her Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, from Stony Brook University Honors College in Stony Brook, New York in 2012.
Rebecca earned her Juris Doctorate in 2015 from Boston University School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts.
Prior to joining the firm of Jacobowitz and Gubits, Rebecca worked for regional law firms and Legal Services of the Hudson Valley.
Rebecca has been a member of the Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties since 2018 and she currently serves as President. She is also a prior member of the fundraising committee of Safe Homes of Orange County. Rebecca is a graduate of the Leadership Orange Class of 2018.
Rebecca is the recipient of the 2021 Outstanding New Lawyer Award from the Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties.
Outside of work, Rebecca enjoys hiking, reading and cooking. Rebecca lives in Pine Bush with her husband, son, dog and cat.
- New York, 2016
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. – 2015
- Articles Editor, American Journal of Law & Medicine
- Stony Brook University Honors College, Stony Brook, New York
- Bachelor of Arts, English – 2012
- Magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Presidential Scholar
- Golden Key International Honors Society
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- President, Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, 2022
- Member, Safe Homes of Orange County, Fundraising Committee, 2018
- Leadership Orange Graduate Class of 2018