Marissa G. Logan is an associate attorney practicing municipal law, land use law, and environmental law, along with Cannabis and Hemp Law. She serves as the firm’s Cannabis and Hemp Committee Chair.
Marissa earned her Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, from Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster Pennsylvania with a major in Environmental Studies and French.
Marissa earned her Juris Doctorate and Certificate in Environmental Law, magna cum laude, in 2017 from the Elizabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University in White Plains, New York. She also concurrently participated in a dual degree program, where she earned her Master’s degree in Environmental Management from Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies in New Haven, Connecticut.
Prior to joining the firm of Jacobowitz and Gubits, Marissa worked for Whitbeck, Benedict, & Smith, LLP in Hudson, New York as a land use and litigation associate. She also worked as a legal intern at both Pace Environmental Litigation Clinic in White Plains, New York and Harris Beach, PLLC, also in White Plains, New York.
Marissa clerked in the Water and General Law Branch at the US Environmental Protection Agency Region II, office of Regional Counsel in New York, New York, as well as for the Southern District of New York in White Plains, New York.
Marissa is a member of the New York State Bar and the Appellate Division 3rd Department. She is also a member of the Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties. Marissa is a graduate of the Pattern Fellows Program Class of 2019. Marissa is also a graduate of the Leadership Orange Class of 2020, a member of the Orange County Land Trust Engagement Committee, and the Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association.
Marissa was a co-presenter at the Mid-Hudson Chapter of the Appraisal Institute’s 5th Annual Appraisal Case Studies Seminar: “Marijuana and Hemp Industry – Impact of Evolving Laws and Regulation on Real Estate” (October 16, 2019). Marissa was also a co-presenter for the “Understanding Marijuana Legalization in Your Community” Webinar on May 27, 2021.
Outside of work, Marissa enjoys spending time outdoors in the Hudson Valley, especially hiking and running. Marissa lives in Rosendale with her husband.
- Environmental Litigation
- Land Use Law
- Municipal Law
- New York State Bar, 2017
- Appellate Division 3rd Department, 2018
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- J.D. – 2017
- Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, New Haven, Connecticut
- Masters – Environmental Management Studies – 2017
- Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 2013
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Environmental Studies and French
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association
- Member, Orange County Land Trust’s Engagement Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Orange County Bar Association
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Published in Chronogram Magazine (Cannabis 101: Will New York’s Municipal Opt-Out Kill the Buzz?), 2021
- Published in Chronogram Magazine (Understanding New York’s New Hemp Laws: A Q&A with Marissa Weiss), 2021
- 2Published in Chronogram Magazine (Delving into the Weeds), 2019
- Published in The Urban Lawyer (Attack of the Zombie Properties, ABA Publication, Summer, 2016)
- Participant in Pace Law’s Federal Judicial Honors Programs