Lauren Scott is an associate attorney practicing general litigation. Lauren earned her Bachelor of Arts from the State University of New York College at Cortland in 2005, with a major in anthropology and minor in history and international studies. Lauren then attended the American University of Paris where she earned a Master of Arts in International Law and Public Policy in 2011. Lauren earned her Juris Doctor from New York Law School, as an evening division student, in 2017.
Prior to joining Jacobowitz and Gubits, Lauren worked for K2 Integrity on a large-scale transaction remediation project for a multinational investment bank. Lauren also worked as a sanctions compliance officer at Societe Generale in New York City from 2018-2020, and as a paralegal, then Forfeiture Coordinator, of the New York County District Attorney’s Office from 2012-2015.
During law school, Lauren interned for the late Senior Judge Nicholas Tsoucalas, at the United States Court of International Trade, and at the human rights NGO, Impact Iran. As a member of New York Law School’s Dispute Resolution Team, Lauren competed in and coached regional negotiation competitions.
Lauren has been a member of the New York State Bar since 2018. Lauren belongs to the New York City Bar Association where she is a member of the Foreign and Comparative Law Committee. Along with a committee member, Lauren presented “Big Tech, Regulations of the Internet and Free Speech” as a CLE to the Broom County Bar Association in July of 2021.
Outside of work, Lauren enjoys international travel, hiking and kayaking.
- New York State Bar, 2018
- New York Law School – New York, New York
- J.D. – 2017
- Honors: Dispute Resolution Team Member
- American University of Paris – Paris, France
- M.S. – 2011
- Certificate: International Human Rights Law
- State University of New York – College at Cortland, New York
- B.A. – 2005
- Major: Anthropology
- Honors: Phi Eta Sigma National Honoree
- B.A. – 2005
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New York City Bar Association, Member of the Foreign and Comparative Law Committee
HONORS & AWARDS
- Stipend and Government Fellow designation in association with the internship at the U. S. Court of International Trade, 2015