Kara M. Nelson is an associate attorney practicing litigation, and landlord/tenant.
Kara earned her Bachelor of Arts, from the University of Albany with a major in American History and a minor in Sociology in 2014.
Kara earned her Juris Doctorate in 2017 from Albany Law School. She participated in the Karen C. McGovern, Senior Prize Trials Moot Court Competition (2016-2017); Young Advocates Probono Project (2016-2017); Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition (2015); and the Donna Jo Morse Client Counseling Moot Court Competition (2015).
Kara is a member the New York State Bar and the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Outside of work, Kara enjoys the outdoors and traveling.
- New York State Bar, 2019
- Albany Law School, Albany, New York
- J.D. – 2017
- Awarded with the Arthur J. Harvey ’30 Summer 2016 Stipend for Civil Liberties Law Award
- University at Albany, Albany, New York
- B.A. – 2014
- Major: American History
- Minor: Sociology
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Arthur J. Harvey ’30 Summer 2016 Stipend for Civil Liberties Law Award