Sanford R. Altman is a Senior Counsel with the firm. Sandy has been practicing in Orange County since 1983 and now focuses on areas of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Business Law and Probate and Estate Administration.
Mr. Altman is a graduate of New York Law School, former Brooklyn Assistant District Attorney.
Sandy is Chairman of the Town of Montgomery Seniors Independence Project, a member of the Adult Protective Services Task Force, on the Advisory Board for the Orange County Office for the Aging and the Advisory Council for the Alzheimer’s Association Hudson Valley Region, a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Elder Law and Trust and Estates Sections, the Orange County Bar Association and is past President of the Middletown Bar Association.
He provides AARP members with an up to 30-minute complimentary consultation along with special rates.
- New York, 1980
- Florida, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1983
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. – 1979
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Binghamton, New York
- B.A. – 1967
- Major: Philosophy
- Elder Law Columnist, Times Herald Record
- Elder Law Columnist, Senior Gazette
- Elder Law Columnist, Hudson Valley Press
- Elder Law Contributor, Various Other Periodicals
- Encore Programs for Seniors, OCCC, 2000 – Present
- Elder Rights and Empowerment, NYS Bar Association, 2009
HONORS AND AWARDS
- NYS Independent Living for Older New Yorkers Award , 2008
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2005 – Present
- Town of Montgomery Seniors Independence Project, Chairman, 2008 – Present
- Adult Protective Services Task Force
- NYS Bar Association, Elder Law & Estates & Trusts Section
- Middletown Bar Association, Past President
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Brooklyn District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney, 1979 – 1983
- Law Office of Roger Kujawsk, Attorney, 1983 – 1988
- Law Office of Sanford R. Altman, Attorney, 1988 – 2002
- Sigma Tau Omega