Allison G. Cappella is an associate practicing tax certiorari along with elder law. Allison is a native of Lowell, Massachusetts.
Allison earned her Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst in 2003, with a major in English Literature and a focus in Latin.
Allison earned her Juris Doctorate in 2009, from Pace University School of Law in White Plains, New York.
Prior to joining the firm of Jacobowitz and Gubits, Allison worked for the Hon. Maria S. Vazquez-Doles, J.S.C. in the Unified Court System of New York. In that role, Allison handled solely matrimonial cases and the distinctive issues associated with those matters. Her unique experience in the Court system and the relationships she has developed there are an asset for any litigant seeking help navigating the Court Parts and their individual rules.
Allison is a member of the Orange County Bar, Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan County, the Westchester County Bar, and the Justice Brandeis Law Society. Allison is also a member of the New York State Tax Assessors’ Association and the Westchester County Assessors’ Association. Allison is President of the Board of Directors of the Newburgh Preservation Association and the Habitat for Humanity for Greater Newburgh. Allison his a recent gradulate of the Pattern Fellowship Program.
Allison is a passionate lover of the outdoors. She enjoys kayaking, especially on the Hudson, hiking, and bird-watching. She resides in the City of Newburgh with her fiance.
Allison and Andrea were guests on the Orange County Chamber of Commerce’s weekly WTBQ radio program, May 13, 2016. Andrea discussed some commonly asked questions regarding matrimonial and family law and Allison provided commentary. Click here to listen to this recorded program. Allison also provided a quick segment on Fox Radio regarding Tax Certs on May 31, 2017. Click here to listen to this recording.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Orange County Bar, 2017
- New York State Bar, 2016
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, 2016
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- J.D. – 2009
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.A. – 2003
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Major: English Literature with a focus in Latin
- Latin National Honor Society (member)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Orange County Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York State Tax Assessors’ Association (2016-present)
- Westchester County, NY Assessors’ Association (2017-present)
- Justice Brandeis Law Society
- Board Member – Safe Harbors of Hudson
- Family Selection Committee Member and Co-Chair – Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh
- Board Member – Newburgh Preservation Association (December 2016-present)
- Board Member – Habitat for Habitat of Greater Newburgh (November 2017-present)
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- New York State Unified Court System, Hon. Maria S. Vazquez-Doles, J.S.C.
- Law Office of Alysia R. Baker, Esq.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Pattern Fellows Program – Class of 2018
- Leadership Orange Graduate – Class of 2017
- 2017 Outstanding New Lawyer, Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Newburgh Preservation Association (2017-present)
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh (2016-present)
- Safe Harbors of Hudson (2016-present)