Probate Litigation in New York
As a full-service law firm with significant experience in estate planning, elder law, probate and civil litigation, Jacobowitz and Gubits, LLP, represents clients in trust and estate litigation whenever a dispute over the terms of a will, the validity of a trust, the need for a guardianship, or the performance of a fiduciary cannot be resolved by means short of a lawsuit. Contact us in Walden or Monticello for additional information about the range of our probate litigation practice.
When we represent the executor or administrator of a New York decedent’s estate, an important priority is to minimize our client’s exposure to liability or even the need to defend a will contest or claim of breach of fiduciary duty. Nonetheless, it is sometimes necessary to defend the decisions and actions of an estate representative in court. Our experience with the litigation of disputes against an estate administrator or trustee can help find an early resolution on satisfactory terms while preserving to the greatest extent possible the assets of the estate or trust.
Resolving Probate Issues and Disputes
Our probate litigation practice extends to other disputes on behalf of either the estate, a trust, a beneficiary, a statutory heir, a surviving spouse, a ward in guardianship, or other interested party:
- Spousal election disputes
- Kinship cases in the administration of intestate estates
- Asset ownership disputes between estates and trusts
- Tax problems involving trusts or decedent’s estates
- Contract or tort claims involving trusts or estates
- Actions for an accounting
- Actions for reconstruction or termination of a trust
- Contested guardianship proceedings
- Actions to recover assets transferred through fraud or exploitation of a vulnerable adult
- Disputes between income and remainder beneficiaries of a trust
- Wrongful death litigation issues in Surrogate’s Court
Jacobowitz and Gubits represents probate litigation clients throughout Upstate New York and the Hudson Valley, especially the counties of Orange, Sullivan, Ulster and Dutchess. We also handle disputes involving New York property in ancillary probate related to decedent’s estates in other states.
Call 845-764-9656 or toll free at 866-303-9595 to Work With a New York Trusts and Estates Lawyer
For additional information about our New York probate litigation practice, contact an attorney at our law firm in Walden or Monticello.