E-mail MeGeorge W. Lithco
Mr. Lithco is a partner in Jacobowitz & Gubits, LLP, and a member of the Environmental/Land Use and Municipal Teams. Since joining the firm in 1989, George has represented private clients before municipal planning and zoning boards of appeal, as well as state and county regulatory agencies. He has also served as counsel to municipal planning boards and zoning boards of appeal in communities represented by the firm.
Mr. Lithco is a member of the Orange County, New York State and American Bar Associations, a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Awards in Land Use Law and Property Law. He served with the U.S. Army, and was also a member of the United States Foreign Service, serving as Vice-Consul, U.S. Embassy to the Philippines.
George graduated from the State University of New York at New Paltz and received his Juris Doctor degree in 1987 from Pace University. Mr. Lithco was admitted to the New York State Bar and the Connecticut Bar in 1987. He is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Areas of Practice
- Environmental Land Use
- Planning and Zoning Boards of Appeal
- Regulatory Agencies
- New York, 1987
- Connecticut, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1988
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- State University of New York, New Paltz, New York
- Town of New Paltz Planning Board
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Land Use/Property Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association